Unwind in minutes with guided meditation and relaxation techniques.
Discover the power of mediation techniques to aid stress relief and increase self-awareness. Learn about simple breathing meditation and powerful guided meditation videos and audios.
Many people don’t realize that it is possible to learn how to meditate deeply in just 10 minutes a day. It is perfect for people with busy schedules, who can benefit immensely from a quick breathing meditation or slightly longer guided meditation. This mental and physical relaxation aids stress relief and encourages deeper insights from the subconscious mind.
What is meditation?
Humans learned how to meditate more than 5,000 years ago, integrating it into their religious and spiritual beliefs. But it’s not required to be religious to acquire how to meditate.
Meditation is the exploration of the subconscious mind to increase self-awareness away from the distracting physical world. Learning deep meditation techniques can produce some fascinating phenomena, such as:
- Complete physical relaxation.
- Higher mental focus
- Hallucinations are common in these
- Feelings of euphoria
- Sudden insights
This article looks at two easy meditation techniques to help beginners experience altered states of awareness. They are breathing meditation and guided meditation.
The Breathing Meditation
The simplest of all meditation techniques, breathing meditation, is an ideal way to learn how to meditate. It exercises as little as 10 minutes, and when practiced every day, it will bring about greater inner calmness and peace of mind. It is excellent for stress relief in today’s hectic world.
- Step 1. Sit or lie down in a comfortable, quiet place. Ensure the spine is straight.
- Step 2: With your eyes closed, concentrate on softly inhaling and exhaling through your nose, knowing how the air feels as it enters and exits the core.
- Step 3: Allow thoughts to come and go without pursuing them. As self-awareness turns inward, the stream of busy thoughts will slowly disappear.
- Step 4: Keep the mind focused on breathing slowly for up to 10 minutes, allowing the core to relax fully and the mind to observe what is going on inwardly.
Although it may sound dull, breathing meditation is a powerful instant meditation technique – restoring peace and clarity in a matter of minutes. With the subconscious mind allowed to be heard, breathing meditation can produce unexpected insights.
Another great way to learn how to meditate is guided meditation. If focusing the mind on very little is too difficult at first, beginners can look toward guided meditation videos and audios for entering significantly altered states of awareness on demand.
There are many relaxation videos and audios available online, including self-hypnosis, meditation music, and binaural beats. The best-guided meditation videos and audios usually involve all three.